Monday, June 1, 2015

Miserable Mondays

Recovering from a weekend
Takes some quality time
I'm sure you'll agree when I say
Monday mornings are a crime.

Formals replace the LBD
Briefings replace party sounds
Coffee replaces alcohol
Clients charge like a pack of hounds.

Guzzling gallons of non-alcoholic water
To cool my insides and make them fine
But if you ask me, what I really need
Is a few more glasses of some good wine.

Staring at the clock for a miracle
Its hands are moving excruciatingly slow
Escaping from this gruelling predicament
Home is where I want to go.

But the day is long and endless,
Bullshit is playing on loop.
I need a magic potion to sail through
Can I call for some alcoholic soup?

I know how to make this better
All the rules I'm going to bend
Wine Wednesday is calling 
Who's gonna wait for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment