Friday, June 19, 2015

Oh rain, you're such a tease!


Summer, winter, monsoon – I call it powerplay in degrees
Even the gods of perfect weather are indulging in this breeze
My heart yearns for a drive, my eyes fixed upon my keys
Calling out to me are garam garam chai and some cheap Chinese
Sitting at the window, I pretend I’m by the seas
In the manic shower of icy raindrops I want to freeze
Splashing dirty puddles, seeking shelter under trees
Something about the rain strangely puts me at ease
The nip in the air suggests something about birds and bees
Stay under the sheets, maybe steal a few extra Zs
It’s impossible to beat these blues, no cure for this disease
A bottle of vino to top it off, maybe marry it with some cheese

But the things you do to traffic has me begging on my knees
Why have you held me hostage? Oh rain you’re such a tease!!

1 comment: